Wednesday, September 14, 2011

36 week checkup

Our appointment went great yesterday.  It was so good to see our little boy one last time before we finally meet him in person!  Since week 28, Dr. Schlafstein has estimated him to be around 7-7.5 lbs at birth, but looking like he's definitely going to exceed that (assuming I'm able to make it to 39 weeks & my induction date).  His estimated weight yesterday was already 6lbs 10oz and if he continues to gain 1/2 lb each week for the next 3 weeks, he will be close to 8lbs 2-3oz!  Much bigger than we thought!  Obviously Mommy's weight gain and the steroid booster he received in the hospital have plumped him up quite a bit :)  He is measuring 2 days ahead of schedule and in the 74th percentile.  Though I'm a little nervous about him being bigger than I had planned, I'm really happy to hear he's healthy and growing. 

He also has a FULL head of hair!  They told us this at our 28 week ultrasound, but we couldn't really see anything.  However, during this ultrasound we definitely saw all the hair on his head!  I couldn't believe how much he has!  Todd and I were joking with Natalie (u/s tech) that he might need a trim up before we even leave the hospital!  :)

Overall, he checked out great and so did I.  Hemoglobin good, blood pressure great, no swelling, gained a pound since last week (much better than the 6lbs I gained in just 2 weeks at my last appt!!!), and my cervix hasn't changed any.  I was actually really relieved to hear this because it makes me very hopeful that I'll make it another 3 weeks.  Getting my family in town before he arrives is very important to me.  My parents can get here by the end of Sept and my sister will fly in Oct 1st.  Crossing our fingers he doesn't try to come any sooner than that! 

So now we play the waiting game.  We are SO ready for him!  We finally completed his nursery last weekend, bassinet is in our room, Daddy is getting the carseat checked at the Health Dept today, and bags are packed!  I am so, so EXCITED to finally meet him and hold him in my arms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment