Sunday, July 31, 2011

28 week ultrasound

This past Tuesday I went for my 28 week ultrasound.  I had asked my Mom (and Dad too if he so desired) if she'd like to come with us, and of course she did!  So they drove up from their house in Florida on Monday and stayed through Wednesday.  They brought their friend Bob along with them.  He had recently lost his wife and a week after her services, he lost his dog.  So needless to say, he needed a break. 

When Tuesday morning arrived, I was so anxious and excited I could hardly stand it.  Ultrasound appointments are my favorite.  I love getting a peak at our growing little boy and seeing how different he looks each time.  I hadn't had one since our 20 week appt so I was sure he had changed quite a bit in 8 weeks.  And I was right!  The first thing I noticed were how chubby his little cheeks were!  His face had filled out so much and the u/s tech told us she noticed quite a bit of hair on his head as well.  Not so sure the myth of heartburn and hair growth really stands true....I've only noticed heartburn a handful of times.  Baby Martin was quite the mover (as he has been in all other u/s) at 9am.  I think he enjoyed my cold glass of milk and slice of banana bread :) He gave his grandma quite the show!  We were able to watch him do some sucking motions and even see his little tongue moving as he was swallowing the amniotic fluid.  It was amazing! 

Overall, it was a great appointment and so fun to share with my Mom!  I think she really enjoyed seeing her grandson and also the advancement in technology since her days of getting ultrasounds!  (Dad stayed behind with his friend Bob to do some home projects we had waiting on him!)  Baby Martin was measuring spot on with my due date...growing just as he should be.  He is approximately 2lbs 13oz and on track to be 7-7.5 lbs at birth if all goes well.  As for Baby Momma, I had a few hiccups.  My iron count was low this time and I also showed signs of the onstart of a bladder infection.  I was given instruction to increase my intake of red meats & veggies and to await the results from the lab as to whether I need to start meds for an infection or not.  Back pain is something I continue to deal with and am to keep monitoring.  If it should intensify, my doctor will check into it further.  But for now, he is contributing it to muscle strain due to my size and the excess belly weight I'm toting around that my back muscles aren't used to supporting.  I think I see another prenatal massage in my NEAR future :)

Here is baby Martin's profile shot with an arm up over his face (typical at every u/s):

And here is a look at the front of his face.  Notice the chubby cheek and his cute little nose (which actually looks pretty large...hope he doesn't get his Momma's genes in that department!):


And here I am at 28 weeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment