Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Surprise!!

I've known for many years that I am blessed to have 8 wonderful ladies in my life that have been lifelong, childhood friends, but on June 25th that was confirmed.  I was in Winston-Salem, NC for my friend Sarah K's bachelorette party weekend, hosted by our friend Katie.  We all arrived either Thur night or Friday, made dinner together and stayed up all night talking and catching up on Friday night.  We woke up on Sat morning, and several of us had cravings for Krispy Kreme donuts (which I soon learned is actually based in Winston-Salem) so I offered to run out and get us a dozen, pickup a few things some of the girls needed at CVS and the grocery store.  Little did I know, it was perfect that I volunteered myself to run these errands because when I returned I walked in to find a SURPRISE baby shower being thrown for myself and Baby Martin!  I had NO idea!  I was completely thrown off guard.  They had made some of the cutest decorations, Julia personally made me an adorable blue & white "Mommy-to-be" sash to wear, and the shower was based around children's books.  Each of my girlfriends picked out one or more of their favorite children's books, including one very special one....a recordable Hallmark book.  Each of them read and recorded their voice reading a page of the book.  This will certainly be a favorite of mine to read with BM, and hope he likes it too!  He will quickly learn how truly loved he is by 8 very special 'aunts'!  :)  I can't wait for the day he finally gets to meet each and every one of them.  And I hope that one day, he finds himself just as lucky and fortunate as his Mommy to have such close childhood friends that love him for exactly who he is, make him laugh until he cries and support him no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Lauren! It was sooooo wonderful to see you last week! I can't wait to meet baby Martin!

    ReplyDelete