Thursday, May 5, 2011

April showers bring...a baby bump?

I had my first follow-up appointment on April 5th at 13 weeks and all went well.  Todd was in attendance again and we got to hear the heartbeat, which was ranging from 160-180.  The nurse assured me this was normal and that it would drop quite a bit come my next appointment.  Todd immediately was thinking "it's a girl.  a fast heartbeat means it's a girl."  (read with slight devastation).  He wants a boy so bad this first time around that I've had to make him come to terms that we just might have a girl and he will have to be just as happy.  As long as we have a healthy baby it doesn't really matter if we'll be wrapping it up in a pink or blue blanket!  He's accepting of that and has realized, "it is what it is, and he'll be happy either way."  With that said, we scheduled our next follow-up for May 3rd and our next sonogram for May 31st...which is when we will finally determine what color that blanket will actually be!  We can hardly wait!!

So as the weeks go by, the belly is growing and by 14-15 weeks, the baby bump has officially arrived!  My pants will no longer fasten and I invested in a belly band which has become my new best friend.  It's truly the best piece of material a girl could ask for at this stage of pregnancy!  I'm not to the point of needing maternity clothes but yet outgrowing my regular clothes.  The belly band is perfect for this 'in between stage'.  I've had to rearrange my closet and sort through things I can & can't wear from here on out.  Other than a few maternity tees that I can dress up for work and down for the weekends, I'm holding out to buy any 'real' maternity clothes.  My bump is showing just enough that it looks like I've just had about 6 too many beers!  I've actually had people tell me they just thought I was "fat"!  Great.  I look forward to the next few weeks when I pooch out some more and actually look pregnant versus just "fat"!  :)

14 weeks

1 comment:

  1. You look awesome! Can't wait for you to have your dinner plate resting on your belly. Yes, belly band rocks!

    ReplyDelete