Friday, May 27, 2011

Daddy's turn

Every week (when we remember) Todd has been taking a belly shot of me to document this whole pregnancy journey.  I'm already enjoying looking back through them and noticing how much my body has changed.  I can only imagine what it will look like 20 more weeks from now! 

Last Wednesday when I turned 19 weeks, I yelled in at Todd who was watching tv that we needed to take a belly shot for the week.  I went to the kitchen to get the camera and when I came walking back down the hallway, this is what I found waiting for me...


Apparently our roles had been reversed and it was his turn for a belly shot!  My place on the 'baby wall' had been replaced by Daddy!  Not breaking a smile and remaining so serious, he said "I'm ready!  How's it look?  How far along do you think I am?"  I was hardly able to take the picture from laughing so hard.  He's got the pose down pat and I'm pretty sure he's further along than I am!  He's such a smart ass sometimes...and I like it...most of the time!  :) 

All jokes aside, it was just another reminder that he's as much a part of this pregnancy as I am.  Though my belly is the one growing with a baby inside, not sure what his excuse is! 

After a good laugh, we were able to take the actual belly shot that was intended.  Here I am at 19 weeks, and really starting to look like I have a basketball under my shirt!


1 comment:

  1. hilarious! CANNOT WAIT for Monday to find out what you are having!

    ReplyDelete