Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Telling my bosses

I must admit I was a bit nervous to break the news to my bosses but also very excited.  It's a great feeling to share such happy news that you've been keeping secret for over a month with those that are close to you and experiencing their reactions.  It's awesome!  So, at the end of March when I was 12 weeks I broke the news to them.  I went to each of them (3) with a folder like we use in the office for tax returns and had my ultrasound pictures inside and said, "would you mind looking this over and telling me what you think?"  They looked at me kinda funny, like what is this all about.  When they opened it up and saw the pictures, they were all so very happy for Todd & I.  They of course asked all the usual questions of: when did you find out, when is your due date, how are you feeling, is Todd excited, etc.  It was a great relief to let that cat out of the bag!  I work for & with such awesome people...they were all genuinely happy & excited for me and that means alot.

So just to answer the usual questions I mentioned above...
- we found out Feb 2nd (superbowl weekend)
- due date is October 12th
- I'm still feeling pretty good, still no sickness and energy is starting to pick back up
- Todd is beyond excited.  I think it sinks in a little more each day that this is reality and I actually have a little baby growing inside my belly that we created.  I think once the belly bump arrives and he has something he can physically see to relate to, it will really hit him.


12 weeks

So I must admit, the first item purchased for Baby Martin was an official UK t-shirt!  Though we may live in GA, this child will know the 'right' team to cheer for...Go BIG BLUE!!!  :o)  (unfortunately...I forsee a UGA onesie making an appearance down the road, but let it be known it will not be purchased from my wallet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment